Friday, August 24, 2007

Grandparents

Justice is going to be at his Grandma KK & pa pa tomorrow & have a sleep over. (Mike & I have a date) I can't wait to tell him. I wanted to wait until I was sure nothing would come up but grandma KK just told me she can take him sick or not. (I will pack some extra germ-X) Justice loves his grandparents & is perfectly comfortable staying there even if he isn't well. Besides, he has been asking for a sleep over there for some time now & it makes me very happy that he has such a good relationship with his grandparents that he asks to be with them.

This is the case for him with all his grandparents. Many times when we are at a crossroad in our town that either leads left into town or right to my parents, he will ask to go to grandma's house. When I turn left he says, "thats not the way to grandmas house"

The relationship Justice has with his grandparents is very special. Something I feel very strongly about. There is a security there for Justice & me. I have been trying to make visits more than just when Jordan has appointments or hospital stays. I don't want to just use them for babysitting (I have had to a lot). I want them to have that loving relationship grandparents & grandchildren have and have it grow as strong as it can be. The fact that justice asks for his grandparents makes me feel we are all doing something right, and that he does have that relationship I have always wanted for him. Jordan feels the same way too & he has shown them in his own way that they mean the world to him.

I am grateful & proud of the relationship my boys have with their grandparents. I feel very fortunate, and am glad that mom, dad, KK & pa pa are my son's grandparents.

I could go on and on about Jordan's relationship with his grandparents and the many things he does to let them know how special they are to him but, this is Justices blog.

No comments: